What are Cookies?
Cookies are used by your computer’s browser to store your preferences. The information is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers. Cookies are simple text files, used to help navigate automatic logins, password authentication, shopping cart functions, personal preference settings and a variety of other functions.
There are two main kinds of Cookies: Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. Session Cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas Persistent Cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Are Cookies safe?
Cookies are harmless. They cannot introduce viruses on your computer. They do not search your computer for information. They only register and record the information you provide through your browser. Information stored by Cookies are encoded; it is protected from potential computer hackers by security features. A Cookie will simply remember your information on the website to save your time and make your browsing and shopping experience smooth. A Cookie stores all information you voluntarily provide when you visit a website.
Google Cookies and how we use it
Digired publishes interest-based advertisements by Google for the website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your search interests based on your browsing history. Google will track the user’s web activity in order to determine your interests and behaviour across the web using these Cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our Cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognise your computer IP/Location/Browser and other related information when you visit the website
- To track you as you navigate the website, and to enable the use of any e-commerce facilities
- To improve the website’s usability
- To analyze the use of the website
- For the administration of the website
- To personalize the website for you, including targeting advertisements, which may be of particular interest to you.
You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google’s Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
Facebook & other Cookies
Digired also uses various social media and advertising platforms. Cookies help platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and many others to provide, protect and improve their services, such as, personalizing the content, tailoring and measuring advertisements, and providing a safer and user friendly experience.
- Internet Explorer lets you refuse all Cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all Cookies” using the sliding selector;
- Firefox lets you block all Cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept Cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
- Google Chrome lets you adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options”, “Under the hood”, Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- Safari lets you block Cookies by clicking “Preferences”, selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Block Cookies”.
To find your browser and its Cookie settings, please visit https://www.aboutCookies.org/how-to-control-Cookies/
You can also delete Cookies already stored on your computer. To find your browser and its Cookie settings, please visit https://www.aboutCookies.org/how-to-delete-Cookies/